Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thank you for being a Friend!

Thank you for being a friend

Traveled down the road and back again

Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.



And if you through a party

Invited everyone you ever knew

You would see the biggest gift would be from me

And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

Yes, I know it's the Golden Girls Theme Song, and it's corny, but it's kind of how I feel today! So you may or may not have noticed that I've been a little down for the past month or so. Well, yesterday I was sick of being sad and moved right on in to the angry phase! Everything seemed to make me bitter and angry!

Well I was talking to a good friend last night and she said two things that hit me! The first, "Stop being ungrateful for your blessings" and the three magic words that impacted me the most, "You're allowing it!"

She was right! I am so blessed! And I am especially blessed to be surrounded by true and loving friends! Thanks guys!

President Spencer W. Kimball explained: "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs" ("Small Acts of Service," Ensign, Dec. 1974, p. 5). 

My closest friends are always there for me! They support me and love me, even when I'm difficult to love! Lol! You guys know who you are and I love you! Each of you teach me and inspire me to be better! You are awesome examples to me! What a blessing from Heavenly Father!

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift dost thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

For worthy friends whose lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

No comments: