Monday, May 10, 2010

To the Laker game and back again!

So I got the craziest idea last week that I should take a quick road trip up to Salt Lake and go to the Laker vs. Jazz game there.  So I talked to McCain and he was totally down for it!
 Friday we left after work! Got to Provo about 2:00 AM and then crashed at Griffin's appartment.  Saturday, I dropped McCain, Griffin and Aubrey off at Temple Square so they could visit Sagan and take a tour with her, and I went and hung out with my cousin Molly!



Then we all went to Hire's Big H for lunch- love the burgers and the amazing Rootbeer Freeze!

I took Molly home and Mac, Griff, and Aubrey went to the Energy Solutions Arena to meet Brooks and his girlfriend Kesia and get our seats.  I raced back to the Arena and watched the most intense and awesome game!
I was nervous at times, but the Lakers pulled through! Mac wore his "Here's Ronnie" shirt and I wore my "Only Kings Have Rings" shirt, available at The Forest Lab!  We got tons of compliments from Lakers fans, and a few dirty looks from everyone else. 
Mac especially had his own little fan club two rows behind us! You gotta love a drunk Laker fan singing "We Love LA...We Love It" over and over again, and yelling "Here's Ronnie" everytime Ron Artest got the ball! LOL! Mac even got the honor of being dubbed the Baddest Mother F*er in the whole place! LOL! However, after we won the real fun happened...


First off let me say- Jazz fans suck! LOL! The following is an excerpt I wrote in response to someone complaining that We Laker fans owe some kind of "Respect" to Jazz fans on Joshua Mezin's Facebook status:

Let me just say, I was at the game and there is definately no room for respect for any of the Jazz fans who were there! I watched as they physically accosted a laker fan! One guy bashed a glass bottle over his head, and as he was bleeding profusly the rest of the crowd would barely let him get down to safety, they were too busy pushing and swearing... See More at him! Can you say sore losers! And then to top it all off, when security was called the guy who smashed the bottle took his jersey and hat off to look different and ran off like a punk ass b*tch. A lady in her mid-30's early 40's proudly announced to the people around her that, "that guy just beat up a laker fan" and to let him through so he could do it some more! "Sore losers" aren't the only 2 word phrases that came to mind, I think "white trash" would fit appropriately as well! I love how everyone who walked by us would say lakers suck! Really? If we suck so bad how come we just won!? You guys need to come up with something better than Lakers Suck, or Kobe Sucks, because it only makes you sound more pathetic and ignorant than you already are! All I gots to say is that I wish someone would grab the guy who smashed the bottle and drop him in the middle of the Staples Center and just see if he makes it home alive! Lol! I love Basketball season because the Lakers unite us- it's the only place and time you can see the ghettoist gangbanger hugging a Beverly Hills CEO out of pure celebration! I echo the words of the theme song- and my Vato homie two rows behind me- "We love LA! We love it!" Good game Jazz- you played your hearts out and kept it intense and we didn't play our best and made some crucial mistakes and we still spanked you on your own court. Wait!? If you played your best and we beat you when we played our worst....Who sucks now!? Lol!

After the game, Mac and I drove to Mesquite, where we spent the night and then drove the rest of the way home in the morning!  Our car ride was long and our time in Utah was short, but it was worth every minute! It was an amazing weekend!

No comments: